Re: Help understand why DELETE is so slow

From: Merlin Moncure <mmoncure(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: Ping Yao <ping(at)optigo(dot)net>
Cc: pgsql-general(at)lists(dot)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Help understand why DELETE is so slow
Date: 2023-12-04 21:51:59
Lists: pgsql-general

On Mon, Dec 4, 2023 at 3:43 PM Ping Yao <ping(at)optigo(dot)net> wrote:

> Hi Merlin,
>
> Thank you for the comment. I think we do. What I found odd here is the
> Query Plan (with analyze) clearly shows the actual execution to be very
> quick, that's why I don't think it's an index problem. What do you think?

I'm not sure with citus. it isn't hard to verify; just check the referring
tables and ensure any relating key is indexed. Perhaps the citus based
plans don't surface that item -- hard to say. However, when you have
complaints about slow deletes, this is always first thing to check. Second
thing is slow triggers.

merlin