Re: PgQ and NOTIFY/LISTEN

From: Merlin Moncure <mmoncure(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: Олег Самойлов <splarv(at)ya(dot)ru>
Cc: "pgsql-general(at)lists(dot)postgresql(dot)org" <pgsql-general(at)lists(dot)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: PgQ and NOTIFY/LISTEN
Date: 2020-01-23 22:37:32
Lists: pgsql-general

On Wed, Jan 22, 2020 at 5:46 AM Олег Самойлов <splarv(at)ya(dot)ru> wrote:

> Hi all.
>
> I looked for a forum or a mailing list for PgQ, but didn't find. May be someone know here?
>
> Does PgQ use NOTIFY/LISTEN for PgQ internal daemon or consumers. And if not, why? May be it has internal own simulation of NOTIFY/LISTEN functionality?

For pgq questions. try the gthub page and raise an issue. Having said
that, looking at:

https://github.com/pgq/pgq/blob/master/functions/pgq.batch_event_sql.sql
and
https://github.com/pgq/pgq/blob/master/functions/pgq.ticker.sql

It's pretty clear that they are not using listen/notify, but some kind
of table/ticker based implementation. There used to be more
information on the implementation on the old skytools page, but that
page seems to have been retired.

merlin