Re: How can I tell if pg_restore is running?

From: Keith <keith(at)keithf4(dot)com>
To: Moshe Jacobson <moshe(at)neadwerx(dot)com>
Cc: Francisco Olarte <folarte(at)peoplecall(dot)com>, pgsql-general <pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org>, martin(dot)french(at)romaxtech(dot)com, Keith Fiske <keith(at)omniti(dot)com>
Subject: Re: How can I tell if pg_restore is running?
Date: 2014-06-11 22:51:06
Lists: pgsql-general

If you can't use a wrapper script and you can't use that flag, I'm not sure
how you're going to manage to keep this a process that's simple for a
typical end user to manage. From what I know, there's nothing internally on
the data loading process that pg_restore uses that would guarantee you that
what is loading the data is pg_restore. Might need to rethink your strategy
here.