Re: counting transactions

From: Keith <keith(at)keithf4(dot)com>
To: "Armand Pirvu (home)" <armand(dot)pirvu(at)gmail(dot)com>
Cc: Kevin Grittner <kgrittn(at)ymail(dot)com>, "pgsql-admin(at)postgresql(dot)org" <pgsql-admin(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: counting transactions
Date: 2015-09-09 01:48:07
Lists: pgsql-admin

On Tue, Sep 8, 2015 at 9:28 PM, Armand Pirvu (home) <armand(dot)pirvu(at)gmail(dot)com>
wrote:

> Perfect Kevin
>
> Many thanks.
> On the same token anyway I can count the number of connects/disconnects
> for a specific database ?
>

> Thanks
> Armand

Set connections and disconnections to be logged in postgresql.conf and then
use pg_badger on the logs. Nothing in the database itself that I'm aware of.
You may also want to look into the pg_stat_statements extension. Be aware
that it does add some overhead to your DB load, but it can provide a wealth
of query statistics for you. pgbadger gives you a lot of that same data as
well, though, just delayed until log analysis runs and limited to the top
20 or so such statements.

http://dalibo.github.io/pgbadger/

Keith