Re: Postgres version upgradation and compatible with os version.

From: Keith <keith(at)keithf4(dot)com>
To: vinod kale <vinod16895(at)gmail(dot)com>
Cc: pgsql-admin <pgsql-admin(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Postgres version upgradation and compatible with os version.
Date: 2020-05-16 15:06:43
Lists: pgsql-admin

On Sat, May 16, 2020 at 10:57 AM vinod kale <vinod16895(at)gmail(dot)com> wrote:

> Hello Team,
>
> We have to perform the postgres major version upgradation activity in our
> environment.
> So before upgradation we just need to confirm few below things.
>
> Currently we have postgres 9.6.8 version in our environment.
> And we have to upgrade on postgres 10.8 or 10.11 or 11.7
> So can we upgrade directly from
> 9.6.8 to 10.8 ,
> 9.6.8 to 10.11 ,
> 9.6.8 to 11.7
>
> And also all this postgres versions i.e 9.x, 10.x , 11.x are compatible
> with operating system centos-7?
>
> Please help me out in same.
>
> Kindly let me know if anything required.
> Thanks in advance.
>
> --
> Thanks & Regards
> Vinod Kale.

All of those versions are compatible with CentOS7. And you can upgrade from
9.6.x directly to 11. It's recommended to always going for the latest minor
version as well, which is now 11.8

Also recommend carefully reviewing all the release notes between all these
versions, especially the major version changes (10 & 11). This website
gives a convenient means of seeing what all has changed between specific
versions

https://why-upgrade.depesz.com/show?from=9.6.8&to=11.8&keywords=

Keith