Re: After upgrading to PG 12, \d in psql breaks with no more c.relhasoids

From: Keith <keith(at)keithf4(dot)com>
To: Wells Oliver <wells(dot)oliver(at)gmail(dot)com>
Cc: pgsql-admin <pgsql-admin(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: After upgrading to PG 12, \d in psql breaks with no more c.relhasoids
Date: 2019-10-30 03:52:47
Lists: pgsql-admin

On Tue, Oct 29, 2019 at 11:41 PM Wells Oliver <wells(dot)oliver(at)gmail(dot)com>
wrote:

> In psql, doing \d on a table after doing that SET WITH NO OIDS thing you
> need to do, breaks with:
>
> mydb=# \d schema.table
> ERROR: column c.relhasoids does not exist
> LINE 1: ...riggers, c.relrowsecurity, c.relforcerowsecurity, c.relhasoi...
>
> Is there a clean way to fix this and restore the functionality on tables
> that had OIDs removed?
>
> --
> Wells Oliver
> wells(dot)oliver(at)gmail(dot)com <wellsoliver(at)gmail(dot)com>

Make sure you're using the version 12 of the psql client. Old versions of
the client are likely to throw this error if you run it on a 12 server
since I believe the definitions of the queries used in the \d commands are
stored in the client binary.

psql --version

Keith