Mysql to Postgresql converter

From: Fred Moyer <fred(at)redhotpenguin(dot)com>
To: SF Postgres <sfpug(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Mysql to Postgresql converter
Date: 2013-01-25 23:10:53
Lists: sfpug

Hello,

I've been fighting a Mysql database recently, and the few tests I've
run so far have shown a significant query performance improvement with
a mysql database table that was converted to PostgreSQL.

So I'm wondering if anyone knows of a magical program that I can hand
my database credentials to, go get a cup of coffee, and come back to
Postgresql database which was migrated from the Mysql database. I've
seen a few Rails based conversion utilities on Github, but I'd prefer
a command line application.