Re: Cascading Replication

From: rams nalabolu <ramsveeru441(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: Asad Ali <asadalinagri(at)gmail(dot)com>
Cc: Ilian Kostadinov <ilian(dot)kostadinov(at)gmail(dot)com>, pgsql-admin(at)lists(dot)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Cascading Replication
Date: 2024-08-22 12:53:08
Lists: pgsql-admin

Along with Asad steps you need to add one extra parameter
hot_standby_feedback=on on Standby server(B)

And while creating subscriptions on server C using server B connection
information it will be on halt state and won’t finish fast. This will
happen while server B is waiting to sync the data from Server A. In this
case you need to refresh the replication state between server A and Server
B using “select pg_log_standby_snapshot()” and there after the server B
will allow the replication commands to be executed and subscription
creation will be finished.

Thanks
Veeru