Re: JDBC Maven Checksum

From: Stephen Nelson <stephen(at)eccostudio(dot)com>
To: "pgsql-jdbc(at)postgresql(dot)org" <pgsql-jdbc(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: JDBC Maven Checksum
Date: 2014-02-21 20:37:00
Lists: pgsql-jdbc

>> > On Sun, Jan 26, 2014 at 4:22 PM, David Shepherd <
>> daveshep666(at)hotmail(dot)com>

>> the
>> Maven

>> Dave,
>>
>> When you build the jar for the site which targets do you run?
>>
>> The Maven upload part of the build script uses the same jar target
>> that I presume is used for building the website jar. I'll take a look
>> at it to see what's happening.

I just took a look into this and can't seem to find that jar on the
postgresql jdbc website anymore.

So I tried it with the latest
9.3-1101-jdbc41<http://search.maven.org/#artifactdetails%7Corg.postgresql%7Cpostgresql%7C9.3-1101-jdbc41%7Cjar>
jar
and found them to be exactly the same. I also confirmed from the build
script that it is using the same jar file for the website and uploading to
Maven. There is a Java version string put into the MANIFEST.MF file but
that should be constant across the jars.

If you have the older jar, what I did was extract both of them into
separate directories and then perform a recursive diff.