Wednesday in London: PostgreSQL & Greenplum Database Now Speak q

From: Lisa Vieira <lisa(at)plustwomarketing(dot)com>
To: pgeu-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Wednesday in London: PostgreSQL & Greenplum Database Now Speak q
Date: 2016-05-05 19:52:48
Lists: pgeu-general

Elevate your Q – with PostgreSQL and Greenplum Database

Wednesday, May 11, 2016 from 6:30 PM to 8:30 PM
CodeNode - 10 South Place, London, United Kingdom

RSVP and full details here:
http://bit.ly/23OXkIT

In this talk we present Adaptive Data Virtualization (ADV) - a new
technology that lets applications run natively on different databases - for
q. Q is a powerful programming and query language used by most leading
financial institutions worldwide. Until now q was only available for the
real-time use case. With ADV for q, PostgreSQL and compatible systems like
Greenplum Database finally speak q, too. This opens up a whole new world
for q programmers and IT executives alike as they can now bring q to new
use cases, tap directly into the benefits of relational database systems,
and incorporate existing data sources.

We'll discuss how q developers can leverage data in PostgreSQL, or
Greenplum Database, without rewriting their applications.

Come have a drink or several at the open bar and join the discussion! The
event is of free of charge; pre-registration is required to access the
location.

Organizer: Datometry Inc.
http://www.datometry.com/