Re: cached plan must not change result type

From: James Pang <jamespang886(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: Laurenz Albe <laurenz(dot)albe(at)cybertec(dot)at>
Cc: Dave Cramer <davecramer(at)postgres(dot)rocks>, Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>, pgsql-jdbc(at)lists(dot)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: cached plan must not change result type
Date: 2024-03-31 03:30:35
Lists: pgsql-admin pgsql-jdbc

1) turn off server side prepared statements with prepareThreshold=0
with this threshold=0, if it's still possible to avoid parsing,
planning from Postgresql server side, like set
plan_cache_mode=force_generic_plan or with default "auto" mode. Postgresql
server can make the plan cached and reused.

2) change varchar(n) to varchar or text, then restart application, so avoid
future similar increase varchar(n) changes.
it's safe to performance or optimizer ,right?

Thanks,

James

Laurenz Albe <laurenz(dot)albe(at)cybertec(dot)at> 於 2024年3月30日週六 下午10:06寫道: