ERROR: cannot create index on partitioned table concurrently

From: James Pang <jamespang886(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: pgsql-admin(at)lists(dot)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: ERROR: cannot create index on partitioned table concurrently
Date: 2024-03-19 08:14:42
Lists: pgsql-admin

Hi,
PGv14 , we migrated from Oracle to Postgresql, recently, we migrate
index job from Oracle to PG. in Oracle, it's ok to create index online on
partitioned table, but in Postgresql, ERROR: cannot create index on
partitioned table concurrently. Instead, I go to create index concurrently
on each child table separately.
my question is, from SQL optimizer perspective, any difference between
"create index on partitioned root table" and "create each index on child
table directly", looks like optimizer still can use indexes with directly
created on each child table.

Thanks,

James