Re: Deploy modifications of database objects

From: Jayson Hreczuck <jayson(dot)hreczuck(at)studentuniverse(dot)com>
To: Mai Peng <maily(dot)peng(at)webedia-group(dot)com>
Cc: Pgsql-admin <pgsql-admin(at)lists(dot)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Deploy modifications of database objects
Date: 2021-06-22 13:28:33
Lists: pgsql-admin

You could use different schemas, but that seems like overkill to me.

What I would do, is make sure the function code is backwards compatible,
and just replace. Or alternatively, you could have a master function run
child functions depending on what version you need.

--

*Jayson Hreczuck | Principal Database AdministratorC: +1 617.571.9861*130
Turner St, Ste 530, Waltham, MA 02453