Re: [BUG] Fix DETACH with FK pointing to a partitioned table fails

From: Tender Wang <tndrwang(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: Alvaro Herrera <alvherre(at)alvh(dot)no-ip(dot)org>
Cc: Junwang Zhao <zhjwpku(at)gmail(dot)com>, Jehan-Guillaume de Rorthais <jgdr(at)dalibo(dot)com>, "pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org" <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>, Alexander Lakhin <exclusion(at)gmail(dot)com>, Baehler Thomas SBB CFF FFS <thomas(dot)baehler2(at)sbb(dot)ch>, Guillaume Lelarge <guillaume(at)lelarge(dot)info>
Subject: Re: [BUG] Fix DETACH with FK pointing to a partitioned table fails
Date: 2024-08-22 03:19:23
Lists: pgsql-hackers

Alvaro Herrera <alvherre(at)alvh(dot)no-ip(dot)org> 于2024年8月22日周四 06:00写道:

> On 2024-Aug-19, Alvaro Herrera wrote:
>
> > I haven't pushed it yet, mostly because of being unsure about not doing
> > anything for the oldest branches (14 and back).
>
> Last night, after much mulling on this, it occurred to me that one easy
> way out of this problem for the old branches, without having to write
> more code, is to simply remove the constraint from the partition when
> it's detached (but only if they reference a partitioned relation). It's
> not a great solution, but at least we're no longer leaving bogus catalog
> entries around. That would be like the attached patch, which was cut
> from 14 and applies cleanly to 12 and 13. I'd throw in a couple of
> tests and call it a day.

I apply the v14 patch on branch REL_14_STABLE. I run this thread issue and I
find below error.
postgres=# CREATE TABLE p ( id bigint PRIMARY KEY ) PARTITION BY list (id);
CREATE TABLE p_1 PARTITION OF p FOR VALUES IN (1);
CREATE TABLE r_1 (
id bigint PRIMARY KEY,
p_id bigint NOT NULL,
FOREIGN KEY (p_id) REFERENCES p (id)
);
CREATE TABLE r (
id bigint PRIMARY KEY,
p_id bigint NOT NULL,
FOREIGN KEY (p_id) REFERENCES p (id)
) PARTITION BY list (id);
ALTER TABLE r ATTACH PARTITION r_1 FOR VALUES IN (1);
ALTER TABLE r DETACH PARTITION r_1;
CREATE TABLE
CREATE TABLE
CREATE TABLE
CREATE TABLE
ALTER TABLE
ERROR: cache lookup failed for constraint 16400

I haven't look into details to find out where cause above error.

--
Tender Wang