Re: PostgreSQL DB Replication

From: Abdul Sayeed <abdulsayeed24(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: K P Manoj <kpmanojpg(at)gmail(dot)com>
Cc: sivananda reddy <nanda(dot)opdba(at)gmail(dot)com>, wd <wd(at)wdicc(dot)com>, Rajesh K <rajeshk02(at)yahoo(dot)in>, "pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org" <pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: PostgreSQL DB Replication
Date: 2014-08-26 13:54:24
Lists: pgsql-general

Hi Rajesh,

I don't know what error you are getting. Though you can use below
workaround to login and change the password.

Step 1: Open pg_hba.conf file and modify md5 to trust

Step 2: reload the cluster (/opt/PostgreSQL/9.2/bin/pg_ctl -D ../data/
reload)

Step 3: Connect to the database, it should not ask for password:

bash-4.1$ ./psql -p 5435 postgres
psql.bin (9.2.7)
Type "help" for help.

postgres=# \password postgres;
Enter new password:
Enter it again:
postgres=# \q
bash-4.1$ ./psql -p 5435 postgres
Password:
psql.bin (9.2.7)
Type "help" for help.

postgres=#

If the above workaround does not work, please share what error you are
getting.

Hope this helps….

Thanks & Regards,
Abdul Sayeed