DATA Integrity & Recovery

From: chris faber <chris(at)techfaber(dot)com>
To: pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: DATA Integrity & Recovery
Date: 2017-07-12 14:27:01
Lists: pgsql-general

Postgres 9.2

We have a POSTGRES database that we have been backing up via Incremental
backups.

We had an incident where we had to recover from backup. Our software vendor
has completed a restore and we have lost 10 days of data. There is no
explanation as to the reason we have sustained this loss.

I would appreciate the communities help in the following:

1. Determine if data from the incremental backups can be restored or
recovered.
2. Determine if data can be recovered from individual files backed up from
main Postgres data directory.

Thanks in advance
Chris