Need help to implement Primary Key.

From: Gambhir Singh <gambhir(dot)singh05(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: pgsql-admin(at)lists(dot)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Need help to implement Primary Key.
Date: 2024-02-08 10:30:26
Lists: pgsql-admin

Hi,
I have a table with a record count of ~500 million (496,098,390). There is
no primary key in this table. Now I need to set up a primary key on this
table. I can't find a way to set up a primary key. I tried to add a new
column with IDENTITY but it is not allowing null value for existing rows
and I don't know how to update the unique value for existing records.

Please help me to implement the same.

Thanks & Regards
Gambhir Singh