Re: slow queries on system tables

From: Michael Lewis <mlewis(at)entrata(dot)com>
To: PegoraroF10 <marcos(at)f10(dot)com(dot)br>
Cc: pgsql-general <pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: slow queries on system tables
Date: 2019-08-15 17:59:23
Lists: pgsql-general

Are you autovacuuming and analyzing aggressively enough? Is there bloat or
other concern for these system tables? I expect it may be a concern based
on what I remember about your environment having thousands of tables and
perhaps autovacuum not keeping up (re: Too slow to create new schema and
their tables, functions, triggers).

Can you check results for last (auto)vacuum and analyze?
select * from pg_stat_all_tables where relname IN( 'pg_class',
'pg_attribute', 'pg_index' );