Re: Autovacuum not functioning for large tables but it is working for few other small tables.

From: Michael Lewis <mlewis(at)entrata(dot)com>
To: M Tarkeshwar Rao <m(dot)tarkeshwar(dot)rao(at)ericsson(dot)com>
Cc: Tomas Vondra <tomas(dot)vondra(at)enterprisedb(dot)com>, "pgsql-performance(at)postgresql(dot)org" <pgsql-performance(at)postgresql(dot)org>, Neeraj Gupta G <neeraj(dot)g(dot)gupta(at)ericsson(dot)com>, Atul Parashar <atul(dot)parashar(at)ericsson(dot)com>, Shishir Singh <shishir(dot)singh(at)globallogic(dot)com>, Ankit Sharma <ankit(dot)sharma10(at)globallogic(dot)com>
Subject: Re: Autovacuum not functioning for large tables but it is working for few other small tables.
Date: 2021-01-08 15:52:36
Lists: pgsql-general pgsql-performance

By the way, please do not top-post (reply above, quoting the full email
after) in these groups.

On Fri, Jan 8, 2021 at 5:00 AM M Tarkeshwar Rao <
m(dot)tarkeshwar(dot)rao(at)ericsson(dot)com> wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> As we know, the VACUUM VERBOSE output has a lot of dependencies from
> production end and is indefinite as of now.

What do you mean by this statement?

> We don’t have any clue till now on why exactly the auto-vacuum is not
> working for the table. So we need to have a work around to move ahead for
> the time being.
>
> Can you please suggest any workaround so that we can resolve the issue or
> any other way by which we can avoid this situation?

Have you tried any of the suggestions already given 3+ weeks ago? Do you
have answers to any of the questions posed by me or the other three people
who responded?