Re: Out of memory error

From: Michael Lewis <mlewis(at)entrata(dot)com>
To: aditya desai <admad123(at)gmail(dot)com>
Cc: Thomas Kellerer <shammat(at)gmx(dot)net>, Pgsql Performance <pgsql-performance(at)lists(dot)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Out of memory error
Date: 2021-11-24 06:45:52
Lists: pgsql-performance

It seems like that function has some syntax errors, and also doesn't do
what you want since I presume the "from employee" bit would mean you get
many rows inserted into that temp table for all the existing data and not
the one row you are operating on at the moment the trigger fires.

It is worth noting also that if bulk operations are at all common for this
table then writing this as an after statement trigger will likely be
helpful for performance.

For full context, we'd need to see how the function insert_info is defined.