Re: JOIN on partitions is very slow

From: Michael Lewis <mlewis(at)entrata(dot)com>
To: daya airody <daya(dot)airody(at)gmail(dot)com>
Cc: Pgsql Performance <pgsql-performance(at)lists(dot)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: JOIN on partitions is very slow
Date: 2020-03-22 18:08:37
Lists: pgsql-performance

Are you able to tweak the query or is that generated by an ORM? What
version of Postgres? Which configs have you changed from default? How many
partitions do you have? Is there an index on company name?

Anytime I see distinct keyword, I expect it to be a performance bottleneck
and wonder about rewriting the query. Even just using group by can be much
faster because of how it gets executed.