asynchronous api questions

From: Nulik Nol <nuliknol(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: asynchronous api questions
Date: 2012-01-02 15:06:00
Lists: pgsql-general

Hi,

I have 2 questions regarding the asynchronous C api (I am using vers. 8.4):

1) To make a connection in non-blocking manner the api provides PGconn
*PQconnectStart(const char *conninfo) function. The parameters are
passed in 'conninfo' variable which is a string so I have to use
sprintf() to put the parameters into this string. Is there another
function to connect asynchronously that would be similar to
PQsetdbLogin so it would accept the host/port/user/password parameters
directly as argument to the function? I want to avoid to use sprintf()

2) Will this code produce a valid non-blocking connection ?

db_globals=PQsetdbLogin(DT_DBHOST,DT_DBPORT,NULL,NULL,"global",DT_DBUSER,DT_DBPASS);
if (PQstatus(db_globals) != CONNECTION_OK) {
fprintf(stderr, "Connection to database failed: %s",
PQerrorMessage(db_globals));
PQfinish(db_globals);
exit(1);
}
if (PQsetnonblocking(db_globals, int arg)!=1) {
printf("can't set global connection to non blocking mode\n");
exit(1);
}

Will appreciate any help

Nulik