Re: Question about copy from with timestamp format

From: Murali M <manips2002(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: Jim Nasby <Jim(dot)Nasby(at)bluetreble(dot)com>
Cc: Alban Hertroys <haramrae(at)gmail(dot)com>, Sherrylyn Branchaw <sbranchaw(at)gmail(dot)com>, Adrian Klaver <adrian(dot)klaver(at)aklaver(dot)com>, pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Question about copy from with timestamp format
Date: 2015-08-05 16:16:00
Lists: pgsql-general

Hi everyone,

First of all, let me thank all of you for the very informative discussion.
I will say my solution was to declare the field YYYYMMDDHH24 as int (can
handle till Dec 31, 2147, Hr23 -- which will be 2147123123). Also this way,
I can still use between etc to select a range of dates.. of course, I will
miss validation.. I believe it will work for me to the best of my
knowledge. (let me know if you have experiences with storing time as int
and there are issues I have not thought of)..

thanks, murali.