Relations between operators from pg_amop and classes of operators from pg_opclass

From: Anna Rodionova <anna(dot)rodionova(at)jetbrains(dot)com>
To: pgsql-general(at)lists(dot)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Relations between operators from pg_amop and classes of operators from pg_opclass
Date: 2021-10-19 23:04:43
Lists: pgsql-general

Hi!

For each operator from system catalog pg_amop I need to know - a member of
which class of operators from system catalog pg_opclass it is (in case if
such class of operators exists).

In PostgreSQL versions before v14.0 I was able to get this information from
system catalog pg_depend.

In case of existing relation between operator and class of operators - in
pg_depend was row, in which objid was equal to the oid of this operator and
refobjid was equal to oid of its class of operators.

However in PostgreSQL v14.0 it changed. Now in such rows values of refobjid
are equal to values of oid of family of operators (instead of class of
operators).

How can I find relations between operators from pg_amop and classes of
operators from pg_opclass in v14.0?

Best regards,

Anna Rodionova