CREATE ANY TABLE privileges, etc

From: Don Seiler <don(at)seiler(dot)us>
To: pgsql-admin(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: CREATE ANY TABLE privileges, etc
Date: 2017-08-15 13:15:29
Lists: pgsql-admin

Good morning,

I've had a request to create a user that can create tables and schemas
anywhere in this dev database. I know I could just make that user a
SUPERUSER but wondering if there's anything short of that that seems more
responsible. Again, this would only be in DEV so I'm not nearly as
concerned giving them a superuser, assuming they haven't shown a track
record of reckless behavior.

I'm thinking of privileges like Oracle's CREATE ANY TABLE, etc. vs granting
them the DBA role.

Don.

--
Don Seiler