Re: Standby: Use WAL instead of Streaming for now

From: Don Seiler <don(at)seiler(dot)us>
To: pgsql-admin <pgsql-admin(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Standby: Use WAL instead of Streaming for now
Date: 2017-08-29 21:56:19
Lists: pgsql-admin

Sorted it out thanks to the folks in IRC. I didn't change any configs, just
killed the sender process on the primary via pg_terminate_backed() on the
PID of the sender (as seen in pg_stat_replication). This caused recovery on
the standby immediately fall back to WAL recovery, where it quickly
restored and recovered all the WAL files I had copied over. Once it
finished with those, it opened another streaming connection. So I'll just
rinse/repeat this process until our networking issues are resolved.

Don.
--
Don Seiler
www.seiler.us