Ubuntu 18.04 Support

From: Don Seiler <don(at)seiler(dot)us>
To: pgsql-pkg-debian(at)lists(dot)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Ubuntu 18.04 Support
Date: 2023-04-28 21:50:06
Lists: pgsql-pkg-debian

Good afternoon,

I'm writing to ask if there's any timeframe for when PGDG would stop
providing packages for Ubuntu 18.04, given that Ubuntu's own EOL date for
it is May 31 of this year.

While I'm working to migrate our fleet of databases to Ubuntu 22.04, it is
a very slow process due to the libc collation change that prevents simple
physical replication from being used, and with very large and/or very busy
databases, logical replication or pg_dump/restore sometimes require some
extra/creative problem solving.

So I'm curious what to expect from PGDG in terms of the next few quarterly
patch cycles in case something urgent is released.

Thanks,
Don.

--
Don Seiler