Re: Vacuum process waiting on BufferPin

From: Don Seiler <don(at)seiler(dot)us>
To: Vik Fearing <vik(dot)fearing(at)2ndquadrant(dot)com>
Cc: Vick Khera <vivek(at)khera(dot)org>, Postgres General <pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Vacuum process waiting on BufferPin
Date: 2018-08-14 14:11:43
Lists: pgsql-general

On Tue, Aug 14, 2018 at 8:58 AM, Vik Fearing <vik(dot)fearing(at)2ndquadrant(dot)com>
wrote:

> There is an idle_in_transaction_session_timeout parameter to kill
> connections that are idle (in transaction) for too long. It was
> implemented specifically for cases like this.

Thanks for reminding me of this. I'll probably look to set it but make sure
to point out that it is just a safety net to let DB maintenance run and
they should make sure their work is committed cleanly if they want to keep
it.

Don.

--
Don Seiler