Re: Archiving Data to Another DB?

From: Don Seiler <don(at)seiler(dot)us>
To: Adrian Klaver <adrian(dot)klaver(at)aklaver(dot)com>
Cc: pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Archiving Data to Another DB?
Date: 2018-04-11 18:52:58
Lists: pgsql-general

On Wed, Apr 11, 2018 at 1:38 PM, Don Seiler <don(at)seiler(dot)us> wrote:

> Yeah, I saw the same with a 132 row insert. Now imagine that with a
> monthly 50 million row insert or delete. :p Thanks for the confirmation!

I went back to look at the postgres logs on my dev server. These logs are
rotated once they hit 2G in size. One typical log from the middle of my
test last night hit that in 13 minutes and had over 5.2 million DELETE
calls. There a quite a few logs like this. That would not be fun for the
disk space on the log volume, either.

Don.
--
Don Seiler