Re: More explicit documentation neede on "pgpass"

From: Geoff Michaels <geoff(at)gmcl(dot)com>
To: Julien Rouhaud <rjuju123(at)gmail(dot)com>
Cc: pgsql-docs(at)lists(dot)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: More explicit documentation neede on "pgpass"
Date: 2022-10-03 15:25:58
Lists: pgsql-docs

Thanks. I had missed the distinction between $APPDATA$ and %APPDATA%. I
will assume that I will find that %APPDATA% defaults to
...\APPDATA\ROAMING.

If one is inspired to try to "idiot-proof" the documentation, one could
insert the parenthetical expression "(typically \AppData\Roaming)" for
those that use Windows out of the box and are directed to bonafide
documentation that assumes a lot about the users.

--
Geoff Michaels, President
G. Michaels Consulting Ltd

*Prod me to add more DBDOC Techniques and News
<https://dbdocnews.blogspot.com/>. *

*Join the DBDOC Interest Group
<https://www.linkedin.com/groups?gid=6528128>. *