Re: Cannot establish a remote connection

From: VB N <vbnpgc(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: JORGE MALDONADO <jorgemal1960(at)gmail(dot)com>
Cc: pgsql-novice(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Cannot establish a remote connection
Date: 2014-02-25 22:41:44
Lists: pgsql-novice

On Wed, Feb 26, 2014 at 4:20 AM, JORGE MALDONADO <jorgemal1960(at)gmail(dot)com>wrote:

> I need to connect to a remote PostgreSQL 9.3 database with pgAdmin III
> within our private network, so I did the following:
>
> * Open postgresql.conf file and verify that listen_addresses = '*'
> * Open pg_hba.conf and add the following line:
> host all all 192.168.168.0/24 md5
> Our private network segment is 192.168.168.*
> * I stop PostgreSQL service.
> * I start PostgeSQL service.
>
> I can connect locally but not remotely.

Please help us know if you are getting any kind of error messages while
trying to connect ? are you able to connect to the database / database
server remotely without pgAdmin-III ?

Are you able to ping the database and see if PostgreSQL port is allowing
connections remotely ?

Venkata Balaji N
Fujitsu Australia