Noisy dependency on psycopg2 versus psycopg2-binary

From: Shaheed Haque <srhaque(at)theiet(dot)org>
To: pgAdmin Support <pgadmin-support(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Noisy dependency on psycopg2 versus psycopg2-binary
Date: 2019-03-18 20:23:35
Lists: pgadmin-support

Hi,

I'm still on 4.2, but checking the release notes for 4.3 suggests it too
has the problem of being dependent on psycopg2 versus psycopg2-binary. This
results in the annoying message:

/usr/local/lib/python3.6/dist-packages/psycopg2/__init__.py:144:
> UserWarning: The psycopg2 wheel package will be renamed from release 2.8;
> in order to keep installing from binary please use "pip install
> psycopg2-binary" instead. For details see: <
> http://initd.org/psycopg/docs/install.html#binary-install-from-pypi>.

My package also had this problem, and the fix was to replace the reference
to psycopg2 with psycopg2-binary in setup.py. I hope that helps,

Thanks, Shaheed