Re: Database schema for "custom fields"

From: Shaheed Haque <shaheedhaque(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: pgsql-general(at)lists(dot)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Database schema for "custom fields"
Date: 2024-09-10 12:08:03
Lists: pgsql-general

The relational purists will gave their concerns, but especially given what
you described about your performance and volumetrics, there is a reason why
JSON(b) is a thing. For type checking, and more, I've had success a
multi-key approach so that one entry might comprise:

- A "name"
- A "type"
- A "value"

Of course you can add more as needed.