Re: How to send queries to master and failover to slave ?

From: Benoit Salotti <benoit(dot)salotti(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: John R Pierce <pierce(at)hogranch(dot)com>
Cc: pgsql-jdbc(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: How to send queries to master and failover to slave ?
Date: 2016-06-28 14:01:06
Lists: pgsql-jdbc

I totally agree with you but this is not immediate. We use repmgr to handle
the failures and the DBAs have setup 6 retries with 10 seconds delay
between each retry.
So during 1 minute I'm not able to serve read queries even if my slave is
available, the preferMaster option would allow me to do it very easily.