Question - ODBC driver version vs. PostgreSQL version

From: Blade Freed <bfreed3432(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: pgsql-odbc(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Question - ODBC driver version vs. PostgreSQL version
Date: 2023-10-20 20:31:53
Lists: pgsql-odbc

Hello,

I was wondering if the psqlodbc drivers are backwards compatible? If so,
are there any reasons why I should not always choose the most current odbc
version?

If they are not backwards compatible should I just use a driver with the
same major version number?

- For example, currently PostgreSQL v13.12
<https://www.enterprisedb.com/downloads/postgres-postgresql-downloads>
is available but the most current major ODBC is v13.02
<https://www.postgresql.org/ftp/odbc/versions/msi/>

Thank you for your time,
Blade