Re: Windows default locale vs initdb

From: Ertan Küçükoglu <ertan(dot)kucukoglu(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: Andrew Dunstan <andrew(at)dunslane(dot)net>
Cc: Thomas Munro <thomas(dot)munro(at)gmail(dot)com>, pgsql-hackers <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>, Noah Misch <noah(at)leadboat(dot)com>, Juan José Santamaría Flecha <juanjo(dot)santamaria(at)gmail(dot)com>
Subject: Re: Windows default locale vs initdb
Date: 2024-07-22 13:51:27
Lists: pgsql-hackers

Andrew Dunstan <andrew(at)dunslane(dot)net>, 22 Tem 2024 Pzt, 16:44 tarihinde şunu
yazdı:

> I have an environment I can use for testing. But what exactly am I
> testing? :-) Install a few "problem" language/region settings, switch
> the system and ensure initdb runs ok?
>
> Other than Turkish, which locales should I install?

Thomas earlier listed a few:
"From a quick search of other recent cases: Czech Republic -> Czechia,
Swaziland -> Eswatini, Cape Verde -> Cabo Verde, and more, plus others
that we have older records of in the mailing list that seemed to
change in some minor technical way: Macau, Hong Hong, Norwegian etc."

I am not sure if all needs testing though.

Thanks & Regards,
Ertan