Re: PG-10 + ICU and abbreviated keys

From: Peter Geoghegan <pg(at)bowt(dot)ie>
To: Andreas Joseph Krogh <andreas(at)visena(dot)com>
Cc: "Psql_General (E-mail)" <pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: PG-10 + ICU and abbreviated keys
Date: 2017-11-13 18:07:53
Lists: pgsql-general

On Mon, Nov 13, 2017 at 12:27 AM, Andreas Joseph Krogh
<andreas(at)visena(dot)com> wrote:
> In PG-10, with ICU enabled, is abbreviated keys now enabled?

Yes. ICU will use abbreviated keys on every platform, including Windows.

> If so, using locale=nb_NO.UTF-8, do I have to use a ICU-specific locale to take advantage of abbreviated keys?

You need to use an ICU collation. It must be a per-column collation,
as you cannot currently use ICU for an entire database. (This
limitation should be removed in the next release or two.)

--
Peter Geoghegan