Re: BUG #16768: PostgreSQL 12.5 - INSERT ON CONFLICT succeeds on data INSERT but does nothing on UPDATE

From: Peter Geoghegan <pg(at)bowt(dot)ie>
To: QA Collective <theqacollective(at)gmail(dot)com>
Subject: Re: BUG #16768: PostgreSQL 12.5 - INSERT ON CONFLICT succeeds on data INSERT but does nothing on UPDATE
Date: 2020-12-09 02:34:32
Lists: pgsql-bugs

On Tue, Dec 8, 2020 at 6:25 PM QA Collective <theqacollective(at)gmail(dot)com> wrote:
> Thanks for your reply Peter. If this is the case, what would be the reason for this functionality having 'changed' over the past week or so?

I find it hard to believe that this is working as documented now, but
for some unknown reason used to work some other way (which is contrary
to documented behavior/broken, and yet something that you came to rely
on).

Don't you think it's more likely that you're simply mistaken in some way?

--
Peter Geoghegan