Re: Syntax diagrams in user documentation

From: Peter Geoghegan <pg(at)bowt(dot)ie>
To: Jeremy Schneider <schnjere(at)amazon(dot)com>
Cc: Jürgen Purtz <juergen(at)purtz(dot)de>, Peter Eisentraut <peter(dot)eisentraut(at)2ndquadrant(dot)com>, PostgreSQL Hackers <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Syntax diagrams in user documentation
Date: 2019-03-28 22:49:20
Lists: pgsql-hackers

On Thu, Mar 28, 2019 at 3:46 PM Jeremy Schneider <schnjere(at)amazon(dot)com> wrote:
> We're just gearing up for the Google Season of Docs and I think this
> would be a great task for a doc writer to help with. Any reason to
> expect serious objections to syntax diagram graphics in the docs?

It might be hard to come to a consensus, because it's one of those
things that everybody can be expected to have an opinion on. It
probably won't be hard to get something committed that's clearly more
informative than what we have right now, though.

There is a question about how we maintain consistency between the
syntax diagrams in psql if we go this way, though. Not sure what to do
about that.

--
Peter Geoghegan