Re: Showing primitive index scan count in EXPLAIN ANALYZE (for skip scan and SAOP scans)

From: Peter Geoghegan <pg(at)bowt(dot)ie>
To: PostgreSQL Hackers <pgsql-hackers(at)lists(dot)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Showing primitive index scan count in EXPLAIN ANALYZE (for skip scan and SAOP scans)
Date: 2024-08-27 15:15:46
Lists: pgsql-hackers

On Thu, Aug 15, 2024 at 3:22 PM Peter Geoghegan <pg(at)bowt(dot)ie> wrote:
> Attached patch has EXPLAIN ANALYZE display the total number of
> primitive index scans for all 3 kinds of index scan node.

Attached is v2, which fixes bitrot.

v2 also uses new terminology. EXPLAIN ANALYZE will now show "Index
Searches: N", not "Primitive Index Scans: N". Although there is
limited precedent for using the primitive scan terminology, I think
that it's a bit unwieldy.

No other notable changes.

--
Peter Geoghegan

Attachment Content-Type Size
v2-0001-Show-index-search-count-in-EXPLAIN-ANALYZE.patch application/octet-stream 43.4 KB