Re: bt Scankey in another contradictory case

From: Peter Geoghegan <pg(at)bowt(dot)ie>
To: b ro <bigbro_wq(at)hotmail(dot)com>
Cc: pgsql-hackers <pgsql-hackers(at)lists(dot)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: bt Scankey in another contradictory case
Date: 2024-08-30 14:32:30
Lists: pgsql-hackers

On Fri, Aug 30, 2024 at 7:36 AM b ro <bigbro_wq(at)hotmail(dot)com> wrote:
>       this is the patch attachment.

We discussed this recently:

https://www.postgresql.org/message-id/80384.1715458896%40sss.pgh.pa.us

I think that we should do this.

It doesn't make a huge difference in practice, because we'll still end
the scan once the leaf level is reached. But it matters more when
array keys are involved, where there might be more than one descent to
the leaf level. Plus we might as well just be thorough about this
stuff.

--
Peter Geoghegan