Re: amcheck assert failure

From: Peter Geoghegan <pg(at)bowt(dot)ie>
To: Grigory Smolkin <g(dot)smolkin(at)postgrespro(dot)ru>
Subject: Re: amcheck assert failure
Date: 2019-04-20 21:00:37
Lists: pgsql-bugs

On Sat, Apr 20, 2019 at 2:08 AM Grigory Smolkin
<g(dot)smolkin(at)postgrespro(dot)ru> wrote:
> It`s automated test, instance get inited, filled with data, subjected
> with various tests and deleted in span of several seconds. And no crash
> has happened during this time.

Can you send me a raw binary dump of the page using pageinspect?
Something like the following command line recipe will do it:

$ psql -XAtc "SELECT encode(get_raw_page('pgbench_pkey',
42),'base64')" | base64 -d > dump_block_42.page

Obviously you'll need to figure out which block number the problem
page is located in before you do this, but that shouldn't be hard --
get a coredump and inspect the state from amcheck a few frames down.

--
Peter Geoghegan