Re: Perplexing, regular decline in performance

From: Peter Geoghegan <pg(at)bowt(dot)ie>
To: Hugh Ranalli <hugh(at)whtc(dot)ca>
Cc: pgsql-performance(at)lists(dot)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Perplexing, regular decline in performance
Date: 2019-06-26 19:05:56
Lists: pgsql-performance

On Wed, Jun 26, 2019 at 12:02 PM Hugh Ranalli <hugh(at)whtc(dot)ca> wrote:
> I'm sorry, but I'm not sure what you mean by the "distribution of values within the columns." Can you clarify or provide an link to an example?

I would mostly just like to see the schema of the table in question,
including indexes, and a high-level description of the nature of the
data in the table. Ideally, you would also include pg_stats.*
information for all columns in the table. That will actually let us
see a summary of the data. Though you should be careful about leaking
sensitive information that happens to be contained in the statistics,
such as the most common values.

--
Peter Geoghegan