Re: PostgreSQL 12: Feature Highlights

From: Peter Geoghegan <pg(at)bowt(dot)ie>
To: David Rowley <david(dot)rowley(at)2ndquadrant(dot)com>
Cc: Bruce Momjian <bruce(at)momjian(dot)us>, Amit Langote <Langote_Amit_f8(at)lab(dot)ntt(dot)co(dot)jp>, "Jonathan S(dot) Katz" <jkatz(at)postgresql(dot)org>, PostgreSQL Advocacy <pgsql-advocacy(at)lists(dot)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: PostgreSQL 12: Feature Highlights
Date: 2019-05-18 01:47:37
Lists: pgsql-advocacy pgsql-hackers

On Fri, May 17, 2019 at 6:39 PM David Rowley
<david(dot)rowley(at)2ndquadrant(dot)com> wrote:
> FWIW, I do think the release notes should be meant as a source of
> information which give a brief view on changes made that have a
> reasonable possibility of affecting people (either negative or
> positively) who are upgrading. Leaving out important details because
> they might confuse a small group of people seems wrong-headed

If the only thing that comes out of the developer meeting discussion
item on release notes is that we make the commits behind each listing
*discoverable* from the web, then that will still be a big
improvement. I would prefer it if we went further, but that seems like
it solves a lot of problems without creating new ones.

--
Peter Geoghegan