Re: How to get an exception detail in a function called in exception handler

From: Shakti Singh <shakti(dot)0123(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
Cc: pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: How to get an exception detail in a function called in exception handler
Date: 2017-01-24 16:17:25
Lists: pgsql-general

Thanks for the reply Tom!

The log_error_function is being called by thousands of functions and that
is why I thought it would be great if there was a way without making
changes to it and subsequently writing code to pass the parameters in all
these exception block.

Would have been awesome if error logging function could get the previous
exception details somehow.

Thanks,

Shakti Singh