Re: REVOKE command not working as expected

From: Guillermo Carrasco <guillermo(dot)carrasco(at)scilifelab(dot)se>
To: Scott Ribe <scott_ribe(at)elevated-dev(dot)com>
Cc: Scott Marlowe <scott(dot)marlowe(at)gmail(dot)com>, "pgsql-admin(at)postgresql(dot)org" <pgsql-admin(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: REVOKE command not working as expected
Date: 2013-11-13 07:42:00
Lists: pgsql-admin

Hi Scott,
We want to make an exact copy of production, even if someone have made
changes in stage, we want to remove all the changes and leave stage as an
exact copy of production, will pg_start_backup do the work?

On Tue, Nov 12, 2013 at 4:19 PM, Scott Ribe <scott_ribe(at)elevated-dev(dot)com>wrote:

> Why not just shut down the staging server, pg_start_backup on production,
> and rsync the db???
>
> On Nov 12, 2013, at 8:02 AM, Guillermo Carrasco <
> guillermo(dot)carrasco(at)scilifelab(dot)se> wrote:
>
> > Thanks for your answer, I know, that's why we have this statement:
> https://github.com/guillermo-carrasco/scilifelab/blob/master/scripts/dbsync.sh#L20
> >

> --
> Scott Ribe
> scott_ribe(at)elevated-dev(dot)com
> http://www.elevated-dev.com/
> (303) 722-0567 voice

Guillermo Carrasco Hernández, Computer Scientist

GitHub: https://github.com/guillermo-carrasco
LinkedIn: http://linkd.in/XeFUSB<http://www.linkedin.com/pub/guillermo-carrasco-hern%C3%A1ndez/43/760/220>
Personal blog: http://mussolblog.wordpress.com/