Load Mysql table CSV into postgresql

From: Adarsh Sharma <eddy(dot)adarsh(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: pgsql-general <pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Load Mysql table CSV into postgresql
Date: 2013-06-06 17:33:10
Lists: pgsql-general

Hi,

Today i need to load some mysql ( 5.1.58 ) tables dump in postgresql ( PG
9.2 ). I loaded few tables successfully but while loading one table i am
facing below error :

test=# copy jobs from '/tmp/test.csv' with DELIMITER AS ',' QUOTE '"' NULL
AS '\N' ESCAPE E'\\' CSV;
ERROR: invalid byte sequence for encoding "UTF8": 0xc7 0x3c
CONTEXT: COPY jobs, line 259

After some research , i think it is failing because Mysql table has
character set latin1 format and PG9.2 has by deafult UTF-8 format. But
don't understand how other tables got successfully loaded. Below link tells
to use iconv :

http://www.perlmonks.org/?node_id=942765 , but still the same error.

My doubt is in this table there is one MEDIUMBLOB that i used as BYTEA in
postgresql. Is it was due to that or anyone fixed this issue earlier , plz
update.

Thanks