Re: Create Index CONCURRENTLY Hangs Indefinitely.

From: Adarsh Sharma <eddy(dot)adarsh(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: pgsql-admin(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Create Index CONCURRENTLY Hangs Indefinitely.
Date: 2015-05-19 10:42:14
Lists: pgsql-admin

Hi Wei,

There are many aspects that comes into picture :

1. Did you check that your create index concurrently command is in waiting
or running state in pg_stat_activity.
2. Terminate the session by Ctrl+C results into INVALID index. You might
want to drop that as well.
3. Increase the work_mem to ~ 3-4 GB before creating the index.
4. Create Index Concurrently usually takes longer time as compared with
Create Index Command.

thanks