Re: Replication terminated due to PANIC

From: Adarsh Sharma <eddy(dot)adarsh(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: Andres Freund <andres(at)2ndquadrant(dot)com>
Cc: Sergey Konoplev <gray(dot)ru(at)gmail(dot)com>, pgsql-general <pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Replication terminated due to PANIC
Date: 2013-04-26 04:22:04
Lists: pgsql-general

Sorry my bad , didn't mention the full DB version :

9.2.4.8 on x86_64-unknown-linux-gnu, compiled by gcc (GCC) 4.1.2
20080704 (Red Hat 4.1.2-52), 64-bit

Apart from these i am happy to inform , the issue is fixed now.
Actually there are two Slave set up's on the standby box on different
ports and are two stale processes ( logger and writer ) that are
running with different parent id's on the box. After killing the
processes and reloading conf file, db server is replaying logs
properly.

@Andres : No the directory doesn't exist on master but exists on the
other standby.

@Lonni , i was guessing because of the below message in the logs:-
_bt_restore_page: cannot add item to page

http://en.verysource.com/code/5191515_1/nbtxlog.c.html
Yes we faced H/w issues in master and we flip to slave and setup a new
SR in which we are facing this issue.

Still don't know why this PANIC message came. Anywaz thanks u all for
giving your crucial time into it.

Thanks