Re: PostgreSQL logical replication depends on WAL segments?

From: Josef Machytka <josef(dot)machytka(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: Adrian Klaver <adrian(dot)klaver(at)aklaver(dot)com>
Cc: pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: PostgreSQL logical replication depends on WAL segments?
Date: 2019-01-22 16:01:49
Lists: pgsql-general

> https://www.postgresql.org/docs/11/logical-replication-architecture.html

Thanks, I see... So if I understand it correctly - since I have quite big
partitions like ~30 GB each in one parent table and from ~1GB to ~5 GB in
several others I presume I had to set wal_keep_segments to some really high
number and stop our security cronjob cleaning old WAL segments (because we
already had some problems with almost full disk due to old WAL segments)
until the whole transfer of snapshot is done. Because only after the whole
snapshot is transferred logical replication workers start to transfer WAL
logs reflecting changes done from the moment snapshot was taken...

jm